Store files in Mars Notebook

Please report bugs, suggestions and ask questions about Mars Notebook here.
manuel

Unread post Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:10 am

Hi,

If it's possible to add a feature to store files in the Mars Notebook?
You can implement it in the way, that files will be stored directly to the database. Or you can store the files into the same directory and link it.

For example if I create a script I want to store some files together with my notes - Icons, Executables, DOCs etc.

This would be the killer feature! ;-)
-Manuel
Dman

Unread post Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:30 am

I agree.. I've spent so much time trying to find a good outliner program recently in an effort to save myself time i've cost myself a lot of time doing it!

I'm opting for Mars, because its nice, well designed, cheap and has a lot of good features.

One thing that I really wanted was the ability to embed / attach files into pages.. Maple couldnt do it that well, only like WordPad does it, which is lame. Plus it hung, and the developer said it wasnt an issue..

Alas, WinOrganizer seems to be the nicest way to embed that I've seen in my research.. it attaches the file and shows it as an icon on the right. This would definitely be a good thing that I would kill for! There are a few small PDF's and other things like tiny EXE's and the like I want to store in Mars.
manuel

Unread post Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:50 am

Dman wrote:Alas, WinOrganizer seems to be the nicest way to embed that I've seen in my research..
Wow. I did not found WinOrganizer on my research - that looks like the perfect way to add files to a notebook.
If this will be implement in MARS Notebook it would be perfect!

Cheers. Manuel