Mars Software Forum

forum.mars-soft.net

Some suggestions for Mars Notebook

Please report bugs, suggestions and ask questions about Mars Notebook here.

Some suggestions for Mars Notebook

Unread postby manuel » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:45 am

Here are some requests and suggestions for upcoming versions of MARS Notebook:


Sort alphabetically the section list
Maybe you can add a function by rightclick on a section to sort alphabetically asc or desc.




Section list opens completly after adding a new sub-section
If I add a new sub-section all other sections will be opened. Thats annoying because I have to close thema all after creation.
Please change it to that way that they won't open automatically.



Move a Section to another
I cannot add a Section to an other exept with the up-/down-arrow icon.
Please add the function that I can use CTRL-X (cut) and CTRL-V (paste) to move sections to an other one.


Adding Files
Could you please add a function to add files to a note?
Like in Outlook that I see only an icon and can doubleclick it to open the real file.
You can store it in the MNB file or in a special file together with the database.




Thanks! :)
manuel
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:57 am

Re: Some suggestions for Mars Notebook

Unread postby Marsianin » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:57 am

manuel wrote:Sort alphabetically the section list

Will think about it...

manuel wrote:Section list opens completly after adding a new sub-section

Already fixed in upcoming 1.5

manuel wrote:Move a Section to another

Drag'n'drop will be implemented in 1.6 but now you can do it by creating a new empty section under where you want to move some other one then move desired section with up/down buttons above that newly created then delete that new section.

manuel wrote:Adding Files

Planned...
Is there any life on Mars ?
User avatar
Marsianin
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 1546
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:02 am
Location: Planet Mars

Re: Some suggestions for Mars Notebook

Unread postby manuel » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:00 am

Marsianin wrote:Already fixed in upcoming 1.5

All right.
Will 1.5 be a chrismas gift for us? ;-)
manuel
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:57 am

Unread postby Marsianin » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:29 pm

I hope yes. Will try to release it before Christmas.
Is there any life on Mars ?
User avatar
Marsianin
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 1546
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:02 am
Location: Planet Mars

Search

Unread postby Castro-Oliveira » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:53 pm

Another suggestion to the pertinents of manuel

Possibility to search with Boolean operators.


Thanks
:)
Castro-Oliveira
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:07 pm

Re: Search

Unread postby Marsianin » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:11 pm

Castro-Oliveira wrote:Possibility to search with Boolean operators.

What you mean? Any example?
Is there any life on Mars ?
User avatar
Marsianin
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 1546
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:02 am
Location: Planet Mars

Re: Search

Unread postby Guest » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:30 pm

Marsianin wrote:
Castro-Oliveira wrote:Possibility to search with Boolean operators.

What you mean? Any example?


AND, OR, NOT, between the words with the possibility, also, to use ( )
Examples in the find field:
1- "software NOT hardware" = all notes with the word "software" but not "hardware"
2- "software AND hardware" = all notes with the word "software" and "hardware", simultaneously
3- "software OR hardware" = all notes with the word "software" or "hardware" or both, simultaneously
4- "(software AND hardware) NOT program" = all notes with the word software and hardware, simultaneously, but not the word "program"
...

Thanks for your reply :-)
Guest
 

Re: Search

Unread postby Guest » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:51 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Marsianin wrote:
Castro-Oliveira wrote:Possibility to search with Boolean operators.

What you mean? Any example?


AND, OR, NOT, between the words with the possibility, also, to use ( )
Examples in the find field:
1- "software NOT hardware" = all notes with the word "software" but not "hardware"
2- "software AND hardware" = all notes with the word "software" and "hardware", simultaneously
3- "software OR hardware" = all notes with the word "software" or "hardware" or both, simultaneously
4- "(software AND hardware) NOT program" = all notes with the word software and hardware, simultaneously, but not the word "program"
...

Thanks for your reply :-)


I forgot...
Even so, I ordered (I bought) the program (Mars Notebook), today, and I hope you can improve this very good program!
One more time, thanks :-)
Guest
 

Re: Some suggestions for Mars Notebook

Unread postby Dman » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:00 am

Glad to see adding/attaching files is planned (woo!)
Dman
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:08 am

Re: Some suggestions for Mars Notebook

Unread postby manuel » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:27 am

Marsianin wrote:
manuel wrote:Sort alphabetically the section list

Will think about it...


planed for the next version? ;)
manuel
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:57 am

Re: Some suggestions for Mars Notebook

Unread postby Marsianin » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:29 am

Maybe...
Is there any life on Mars ?
User avatar
Marsianin
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 1546
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:02 am
Location: Planet Mars


Return to Mars Notebook

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron