Trial Limitations?

Please report bugs, suggestions and ask questions about Mars Notebook here.
Sligo

Unread post Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:20 pm

I have a few more (potential) issues with the program to report. However, I'm uncertain if they are intentional trial limitations, minor bugs, or even the result of user error (I have read the information page about the [un]registered feature limits and searched the forum as well). I share my concerns:

1. .png images of various dimensions disappear after being inserted. For instance, I'll create two nodes, "node 1," and "node 2." If I insert a .png image in node 1, switch to node 2 and then return to node 1 the image is gone. This is not the case for .jpg images.

2. I can export the "current document" to .rft but not to .doc or .docx (perhaps more). MS Word 2007 is installed if that matters. I get the message, "There was an I/O error. Unable to write a file." The current document I'm attempting to export contains only text.

3. I cannot edit the main database page; it remains the start-up page labeled, "Welcome to Mars Notebook." While I find the information useful, will I be able to edit that page or delete it at some point (perhaps after registering the program)?

Again, all this may be intentional - I just can't find any information that addresses what I have experienced.
Marsianin
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:16 pm

1. Was an 1.6 bug. Already fixed in 1.61

2. It's a knows problem with Office converters (by Microsoft) and appears for Office 2007 only.

3. The tree node will remain as is. It's a feature. You cannot edit it.
Is there any life on Mars ?
Marsianin
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post Tue May 22, 2018 5:45 pm

andreysWed wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:24 am I didn't find anything about it on the website, so am asking here: what are the limitations of the trial version?
You can see it here: https://mars-soft.net/mars-notebook/#pricing
No encryption
Limit to 50 nodes
Annoying startup popup
Salido

Unread post Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:47 am

After you upgrade for trial, can you continue using the software without any data loss or anything like that?
Let's go through the benefits of appetite suppressants so that everyone knows how awesome they are.
Marsianin
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:41 pm

Salido wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:47 am After you upgrade for trial, can you continue using the software without any data loss or anything like that?
"Upgrade" for trial? How? Free version is just limited, not trial.