Considering this program

Please report bugs, suggestions and ask questions about Mars Notebook here.
MuNansen

Unread post Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:07 pm

I'm considering using this program to help with a project. I've played around with it a bit, but before I purchase it I need to ask about some things.

1) I don't see any options to duplicate notes or sections of the tree. I'm going to be making a LOT of notes that repeat and this would be necessary. Otherwise I'd have to set the name and colors every time.

2) Linking between notes. It would be very useful, near necessary, to be able to locate the same note in multiple locations within the tree. I saw in the forums this ability mentioned for 1.7, but I'm not aware of it existing.

3) I tried to send the project file as an email attachment, but it told me "no file selected." Sharing these would be very important.

Are any of these things possible and I just don't see where? Or are available in the full version?
Marsianin
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:40 pm

1. No, it's not possible to make a copy of a section but this feature is planned.

2. Yes you can add internal links. Just make a link and choose a tree section in it's properties.

3. What do you mean? What project? A *.mnb database? It must be closed in Mars Notebook before you can access this file from another program.

There is no feature difference in registered or not version. Just some limitations.
Is there any life on Mars ?