Pasting HTML doesn't work right

Please report bugs, suggestions and ask questions about Mars Notebook here.
Dustydharma

Unread post Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:16 pm

I'm a new user of this notebook and perhaps don't understand some settings, but I bought this primarily to save various things from web pages including links and pictures and text. I tried copying part of a page about Swedish authors and pasting it into the notebook. It had several links but when I hovered the mouse over them the cursor didn't change and they simply weren't clickable . Also the text was messed up wherever it had mutated Swedish vowels! I pasted with normal paste and "paste as" html with the same bad results. Here is the page I used to copy from : http://www.scandinavianbooks.com/crime- ... ahloo.html
Any help or suggestions appreciated. I really love this program except for this major problem. Thanks !
Marsianin
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:56 am

As indicated in short FAQ which is available when no database loaded or no sections selected you can click on the links with CTRL pressed or switch to read-only mode and click links without CTRL key.

HTML is not saved as is, it's converted to an editable format. Program is fully Unicode so everything should work fine. I will check this page and let you know.
Is there any life on Mars ?
Marsianin
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:01 pm

Just tried to paste this page. Everything works fine here. Try to use v.2.1 RC2 (available here at the forum).
Dustydharma

Unread post Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:24 pm

I have now reinstalled Notebook and tried again to copy and paste from the site I listed above
and still get a bunch of garbage ??? plus black diamonds with ? inside !! Can someone please
help me get this program to copy properly ? I am using Win 7 with normal default setup. I have
most of the critical updates but have not installed service pac 1, however, I can't believe my system
is the problem because I can paste the same website into other programs with no issue . It is only
Mars Notebook that does this text problem ( something to do with Unicode I guess because if I copy
and paste using "paste with unicode" then the text is ok but the pictures and links don't show up.)
Yes, I am using the latest version of Mars Notebook 2.1RC2 posted on this web site. I would appreciate
any suggestions. By the way, is this 2.1 RC2 a beta ? The link at the Mars Notebook website for
downloads says v.2.0. Maybe I should try that ?
Marsianin
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:47 pm

2.1 RC2 is a 2.1 release candidate which will be available in a couple of days.
I tried your webpage and it works fine here. Please provide me more examples to test it more carefully.
And it's not a Windows problem.