Limit # of Spell Suggestions

Please report bugs, suggestions and ask questions about Mars Notebook here.
Leo

Unread post Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:14 am

Hi,

I am a big fan of Mars Notebook. In the past I was not using the Spell Check, but now I have turned it on and it works most of the time very well. But there is one problem, sometimes when I right-click a word, the program gives a massive long list of suggestions, it takes forever to get to the 'Add to Dictionary' option. Like just now I typed the word 'realised' - it's the correct spelling in British English, but it is not recognized by Notebook's dictionary which is mostly only American English. So I wanted to click the 'Add to Dictionary' for the word 'realised' but it took quite some time because the list was scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling (and then some more scrolling, and scrolling some more)... It also causes 100% CPU while the list is scrolling and scrolling! I can't imagine it is useful for anyone to have such a long list of HUNDREDS of words, nobody is going to read every single one of them... So my suggestion is, can you please place a limit on the # of results provided by the spelling checker in the right-click menu - maybe 30-40 maximum so they all fit without scrolling!

Regards,
Leo
Marsianin
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:05 pm

WOW! I never seen so much suggestions. Will try to do something with it.
Is there any life on Mars ?