Data Not Saving

Please report bugs, suggestions and ask questions about Mars Notebook here.
Danilov

Unread post Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:18 am

I've run into a problem where text or data I enter into a subsection is not saved by the program. If I enter some text, then click on another heading in the tree and then go back, the text I have entered is gone. This now happens every time I use this database.

I have tried doing a database repair, but that has not helped. However, I have a .mnb file with just one subsection that this happens to, and I can email that file to you if it would help to track this problem down.
Marsianin
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:41 am

First check if this .mnb file is not read-only and yes you can send it to support at mars-soft.net
Is there any life on Mars ?
Danilov

Unread post Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:41 am

Yes, I checked read-only mode, and it was not on. Read-only correctly prevents me from entering data, whereas with this problem, I could enter data, it just wouldn't be saved.

However, I have now reinstalled the Notebook software completely, and that seems to have solved the problem. Even the test file I mentioned now works properly. However, I'll keep an eye out in future in case it happens again, and if there's anything else I can do to help you find the cause, feel free to let me know.
Marsianin
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:23 pm

Re-installation couldn't help. Please check your database location. If there is sufficient disk space there and no errors on disk (check it with chkdsk).
Is there any life on Mars ?